MyHost.ie reserves the right to update this Policy at anytime and will be immediately effective upon posting to our website, www.myhost.ie
- Violation of this Policy is strictly prohibited.
- Any violation will result in immediate suspension, termination and/or compensations awarded to MyHost.ie for damages caused by these violations as detailed in this Policy.
- You shall remain solely liable and responsible for your use of the Plan(s) and any all content that you display, upload, download, or transmit through the use of the Plan(s).
- MyHost.ie will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of this policy.
Illegal Use/ Inappropriate Uses
- Inappropriate uses include, but are not limited to activities such as unauthorized distribution or copying of copyrighted software (piracy or "warez"), violation of E.U. export restrictions, harassment, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, and other illegal activities. Files such as Layer-3 music (MP3s), Emolators and ROMS protected by copyright laws are strictly forbidden. The use of bots such as Eggdrop or any other programs executed on the server through Telnet are also not allowed.
E-mail - Spamming, Trolling, and Mailbombing
- Spamming, the sending of unsolicited mass email from, through, or towards myhost.ie's servers is strictly prohibited. Spamming includes Using fictitious e-mail addresses @myhost.ie , Mailbombing, the sending of multiple messages without significant new content to the same user and/or subscribing someone else to a mailing list without that person's permission
- We will not condone any Adult-oriented sites, pornography and sex-related merchandising. This includes sites that may infer sexual content of any kind or provide links to adult content elsewhere. We also prohibit sites that provide storage, sale, distribution, hypertext link to, advertisement, promotion or hosting of material that is unlawful, defamatory, obscene, harmful, threatening, harassing, or an intrusion of privacy or publicity rights, or otherwise objectionable.
- Any CGI-scripts considered to be detrimental to system performance or network integrity will be shut down without prior notice.
Data Transfer Usage
- We understand that site traffic can change rapidly from one month to the next and therefore it can be difficult for you to gauge your exact needs in advance. Because of this we try to be as fair as we can in controlling overuse. For this reason we will typically overlook minor data transfer over-use, at our discretion.
- If your account significantly exceeds its assigned data transfer usage allocation you will be emailed with a number of options:
- Suspension of your account for the remainder of the month.
- Keeping your account open and paying additional data transfer charges at the current rates.
- Upgrading your account to add additional features including data transfer to help prevent over-using data transfer in future months - without additional over-use charges.
- If we do not hear from you within 24hrs we may suspend your account to ensure you do not run up unexpected bills.
- Occasionally, your account may exceed 150% of its assigned data transfer allocation within this 24hr period. If this is the case we will typically suspend the account immediately, once again to prevent running up surprise bills. If you find you are using more data transfer than your account caters for on a regular basis you will probably find it better value, and more convenient, to upgrade to another package or ask for more data transfer adding to your existing package. These measures are as much to protect you from unwanted bills as us and other clients from network abuse. We appreciate your understanding and full co-operation with this matter.
- Offering or distributing any fraudulent goods, services, schemes or promotions (e.g. - make money fast schemes, chain-letters, pyramid schemes), or submitting false data on any sign-up form, contract or online application through registration, or any fraudulent use of information obtained through the use of the Plans, including, without limitation, use of credit card numbers, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, or home addresses is strictly prohibited.
Mis-use Of Resources
- Unsecured / Open Access Proxy Services cannot be operated, and customers are reminded that they are fully responsible for all network activity originating from their account. Bandwidth usage in excess of agreed montly allowances will incur additional charges billable to the customer.
- If you are unsure about content you intend to place on our network, please check with us before you do. We reserve the right to determine what constitutes acceptable use.